We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as First United Methodist Church in Iraan, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at First United Methodist Church.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Wesley's Covenant Prayer for the New Year
























I am no longer my own, but Thine.
Put me to what Thou wilt, rank me with whom Thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for Thee or laid aside for Thee, exalted for Thee or brought low for Thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to Thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Thou art mine, and I am Thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.




(As used in the Book of Offices of the British Methodist Church, 1936)

No comments:

Post a Comment