We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as First United Methodist Church in Iraan, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at First United Methodist Church.

Monday, November 7, 2011

A letter from Callie Jo Allen

Dear Friends and family,

I would like to share some exciting news.  During Spring Break, March 9-18th, I will be traveling to Africa on a mission trip with thirty-five other students.  We will be based in a village in western Kenya, working through  Project Humanity's Echoes of Humanity Medical Project .  Project Humanity is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to bringing medical care to a village where problems seem overwhelming and hopefully bring a meaningful change to their lives.  Our mission is to treat as many villagers as possible with diseases such as HIV, malaria, pneumonia, and leprosy as well as those with malnutrition and diarrhea. 

In order to go, we are asked to raise $3000.  Some of this money will be used to provide medical supplies and care for the villagers.  If you wish to contribute, you can either send the donation to me or go to the website below.  Any financial help will be greatly appreciated, but if do not wish to contribute, I ask that you remember me in your prayers.  I will be graduating in May 2012 and feel like this experience will help prepare me as I begin my nursing career.  I am so excited that God has given me this opportunity and I ask again for your prayers.

Thanks for your support,
Callie Jo Allen

www.projecthumanity.com
(please pit my name on the line for donation intended for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment