We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as First United Methodist Church in Iraan, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at First United Methodist Church.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Holy Humor Sunday

In recognition of Holy Humor Sunday, here is something to enjoy as you prepare your hearts to worship together tomorrow morning:
There were two men shipwrecked on an island. The minute they drifted onto the island one of them started screaming and yelling, "We're going to die! We're going to die! There's no food! No water! We're going to die!" The second man was propped up against a palm tree and acting so calmly it drove the first man crazy. "Don't you understand?!? We're going to die!!" The second man replied, "You don't understand, I make $100,000 a week….we'll get found soon"

The first man looked at him quite dumbfounded and asked, "What difference does that make?!? We're on an island with no food and no water! We're going to DIE!!!" The second man answered, "You just don't get it, do you: I make $100,000 a week, and I tithe ten percent of that $100,000 each week to my church----I give $10,000 each week to my church."

The First Man, still dumbfounded said, " I still don't understand!" The Second Man said: "Listen, I said to relax, I TITHE $10,000 a week to my church, BELIEVE ME, My pastor will find me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment