We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as First United Methodist Church in Iraan, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at First United Methodist Church.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Poem for Trinity Sunday

Lord, who hast form'd me out of mud,
And hast redeem'd me through thy bloud,
And sanctified me to do good,


Purge all my sinnes done heretofore;
For I confess my heavie score,
And I will strive to sinne no more.

Enrich my heart, mouth, hands in me,
With faith, with hope, with charitie,
That I may runne, rise, rest with thee.
 
 
George Herbert (early 1600's - Cambridge, England)

No comments:

Post a Comment